This month’s Style Watch features casual, hipster, and classic, all in one babe.
When Joyce Jamlang Tiongson worked for a clothing manufacturing company for women, her sense of style developed more. “I’ve always loved clothes and shoes, who doesn’t? But now I wanted to look more unique and just wear what I feel looks good on me. I do not buy something just because everyone is wearing it and just because you see it everywhere,” says Joyce, whose fashion inspirations and style icons include Kate Moss and Nicole Richie.
What are the three must haves in a woman’s wardrobe? Joyce says, a pair of dark skinny jeans, a black dress, and a blazer.
Asked what her closet favorites are, she names “colored jeans, printed pants, acid wash jeans, leather skirts and shorts, black blazer, long sleeve chiffon shirts, and my sequin dresses.”
Now that she’s a mom to a cute little girl, her way of dressing has changed but only ‘a little bit.’ “I try to dress my age by not wearing very junior styles that teenagers have on, but overall it did not affect me very much, I just became more careful.”
She thinks women need to plan ahead what they’ll wear and really dress for the occasion. “You cannot go to a meeting and wear a cocktail dress. Cramming on what to wear sometimes results as a disaster, preparing will make you less stressed also. It is also not a good idea to pair a top on what is only in your wardrobe even if it doesn’t really go together but if you have days before, you could have those items ready. It makes you feel good when you know that what you are wearing is the perfect one for you.”
Dresses that Joyce likes
Here are some of the styles that Joyce likes, pieces are manufactured by Double Zero, the clothing company that she’s working for.
For Joyce, fashion serves as a guide to women on how to put together their own style for every season. “It inspires you to be creative on your wardrobe, how to mix and match your clothes but still represents your own individuality,” she says.
As a tip for women out there on how to look good in everyday clothes, Joyce lists:
- It doesn’t hurt to iron your clothes I do not go out of my house wearing wrinkled clothes.
- Make sure to know what compliments your body shape so you can dress appropriately.
- Do not wear tight fitting dresses that don’t fit you, make sure to buy a dress your size.
- Before you go out of your house, take another look in the mirror and if you feel great on what you have put on then go for it. If you think there is something wrong and you do not feel confident then that is not a good sign.
- Confidence is the best accessory, if you don’t have it whatever you put on will look terrible on you.
We at worldurbanista.com have featured other women stylishly fabulous women.
Click here to read about our previous “Style Watch” feature.